Considering that many of us spend most hours of our days sitting down the importance of a good office chair cannot be overemphasized. According to a survey conducted by the National Institutes of Health, a large percentage of American adults sit for more than eight hours a day. This is especially true for people who work nine to five jobs.
“As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post”
Due to mediocre chairs, these people often end up experiencing a good deal of back pain. To reduce the pain and fatigue that a bad office chair or bad sitting posture can cause, it is essential to get the best office chair for a bad back.
A Quick Glance At The Best Office Chairs For A Bad Back
|Best Overall||WorkPro(R) Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mid-Back Mesh/Fabric Chair|
|Best Overall Runner-Up||Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair|
|Luxury Pick||Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Office Chair|
|Most Budget-Friendly||BestOffice Ergonomic Office Chair|
|Alternative Pick||DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair|
Be sure to read through the entire article for detailed information on the above recommendations as well as additional information on office chairs for back pain.
Why You Need The Best Office Chair For Your Back
A lousy chair is capable of putting pressure on your neck, and upper and lower back which can lead to body pain. Sitting for long hours on a bad chair can also reduce blood circulation to the back. This can lead to the formation of dangerous blood clots which can have adverse effects on your health.
A bad sitting posture which puts strains on the ligaments of the muscle and medical conditions such as arthritis and slipped disk are one of the few things that can cause a bad back. In this article, I will go through the best types of ergonomic office chairs available on the market and the benefits of owning them.
Review of The Best Office Chairs for A Bad Back
We have gone on to research and examine the best office chairs on the market to ease your back pain. Below we will review them and highlight their best features.
Best Overall Pick: WorkPro(R) Quantum 9000 Series Ergonomic Mid-Back Mesh/Fabric Chair
This cost-effective chair is your go-to for simplicity and comfort. The backrest of this chair boasts of high-quality fabric that promotes breathability. This is an excellent choice for people who tend to sweat a lot while working, or people working in hot climates.
This chair is perfect for people who work long hours. Coupled with the mesh backrest is a cushioned seat with the edge designed as a waterfall that slopes downwards.
This design puts ergonomics first because it allows for proper blood circulation and reduces the pressure placed on the thighs and hips, and also reduces back pain.
· The height, seat angle, and armrest can be adjusted
· It is very comfortable and can support a bodyweight of up to 250 pounds
· This chair is easy to assemble
· It is available in just one color, black
· If not properly set, the backrest height can slip right down.
Best Overall Runner-Up Pick: Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair
This ergonomic chair is adjustable; you can adjust the height and angle of the headrest to suit your preference. It comes with an ergonomic back and a rotatable headrest with a thickened pillow.
The thoughtful features of this chair will fit your spine and consequently ease your fatigue and body ache. The rotatable headrest also provides your head and neck with adequate support.
The armrest and seat are very comfortable because they contain shaping foams, not shredded foams like most chairs. It also has a breathable mesh back. The best part is that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
· It is a sturdy yet comfortable ergonomic chair
· The seat and lumbar are well padded
· This chair has an elegant look and can blend with the interior of any room
· Assembly instructions are not very clear
· The seat is narrow
Luxury Pick: Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Office Chair
This chair features the kinematic tilt mechanism technology designed by Herman Miller and Don Chadwick. This technology provides maximum support and comfort to the body, particularly the upper and lower back.
The breathable material used to design this ergonomic chair makes it possible for one to sit all day without sweating too much because the material allows for little airflow which dries out any dampness.
The breathable material is not only designed for the backrest but also for the armrest and seat itself. Another feature of this ergonomic chair is that it can be adjusted to find the exact height and angle that you prefer. The chair comes in an “S” shape that improves your sitting posture.
· The Herman chair is designed with high-quality eco-friendly materials
· It comes with a 12-year warranty
· This chair provides unmatched ergonomics and comfort
· It has no headrest
· This chair can be quite challenging to assemble.
Budget Pick: BestOffice Ergonomic Office Chair
This simple yet functional ergonomic chair is the best pick for people who want a quality chair at a reasonable price. The chair is BIFIMA certified and made from high-quality materials.
The BestOffice chair has the following attractive features; a padded armrest, a PU leather upholstery that makes the chair both oil and water-resistant, a tilt tension control, and 360-degree swivel.
The chair has a high seat back, which can be adjusted. This feature makes it perfect for taller people.
The chair has a high weight capacity of up to 250 pounds. This chair comes with a 90-day warranty and is available in three colors; black, brown, and white.
· It is very affordable
· The BestOffice chair is well padded which makes it super comfortable
· It allows for flexibility and mobility
· The PU leather may not offer durability
· It does not have all the necessary ergonomic features
Alternate Pick: DRAGONN Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
This office chair is the best pick for people who don’t want the conventional ergonomic chair. It is designed as an angled chair that shifts your body forward.
The angled design serves by taking the pressure off your buttocks and back. It engages your core and back muscles which can serve as a relief for back pain.
The Dragonn chair provides two times more cushions on the seat and a three-inch pad for your knees. Chair can also be adjusted to suit your needs, and it comes with a breathable backrest. This chair is perfect for relieving pressure on the lower back.
· It helps to improve posture
· The Dragonn chair helps to reduce pressure in the disc of the spine
· The height is adjustable
· Leg movement is restricted
· Getting up from the chair and sitting down might be challenging
Benefits of a Good Office Chair For A Bad Back
1. It increases work productivity
Owning an office chair specifically made to address back pain will help you to increase productivity at work and perform your given tasks cheerfully.
Owning a comfortable office chair will positively reflect on your work which will increase your chances of getting a promotion. An ergonomic office chair also reduces fatigue and lethargy at work, which increases your productivity.
Related Article: How To Ask For A Raise Based On Increased Workload
2. It improves your posture
Slouching over your desk for hours a day because of a bad office chair can cause you to overstretch your ligaments which will lead to backaches.
Getting one of the best office chairs for a bad back will improve your posture because your body will adjust to the shape of the chair over time. This thereby stops you from slouching which will also save you from a throbbing back pain at the end of the day.
3. It reduces body pain
A good office chair can reduce body pain caused by the pressure placed on your body parts while sitting on an uncomfortable chair. It can eventually eliminate the risk of having neck, shoulder, and back pain.
4. It saves you time and money
Why do you have to buy new office chairs every three to six months because of body aches when you can just invest in a good office chair? A quality office chair for your bad back will not only save you money in the long run, but it will also prevent you from wasting your precious time.
Features to Consider in Choosing the Best Office Chair for A Bad Back
When working, one of the things to look out for is comfort, and to achieve this owning the right chair is essential. There are several features to look out for when picking out an office chair, and these features include:
- Adjustability– In choosing an office chair, there is no one size fits all as we all have different height, weight, and body type. To select the right chair that minimizes back pain, you have to choose a chair with adjustable features.
- Ergonomics– An ideal office chair should put ergonomics first, which means it should come in a design that seeks to minimize or eliminate fatigue, discomfort, and injury in the workplace.
- Lumbar support– This is an essential feature to consider when choosing an ergonomic chair. The lumbar spine is curved inwardly and sitting for too long on a chair without lumbar support can lead to slouching, which causes the curve to flatten out over time. An ergonomic chair will preserve the curve of the spine and improve posture.
- Chair Material– A good office chair must be made from high-quality materials. Such materials may include paddings, shaping foams, and breathable materials. Also, the padding of the seat should be thick and should not depress over time.
- Movement– An ideal ergonomic office chair should be flexible and rotate easily (i.e. swiveling wheels). This will enable you to reach different parts of your table without putting a strain on your back.
- Seat Edge– The design of an ergonomic office chair should include a flexible edge and a waterfall design that slopes downwards. This design puts ergonomics first because it allows for proper blood circulation and reduces the pressure put on the thighs, hips, and back.
Remember, it is also essential you take short walks in between your day, to increase blood flow and exercise your muscles.
Investing in the best office chair for a bad back not only saves you from avoidable medical issues but also improves your productivity at work.
Check Out Our Related Articles:
- How To Ask For A Raise Based On Increased Workload
- Best Rule To Budget Money Monthly
- Exercise Equipment For Legs While Sitting